Current Job Opening
Audio-Visual Installation Technician Level I
The Audio-Visual Installation Technician will be reporting directly to the Systems Integration Manager. You will be responsible for integrating complex audio-visual solutions in client environments. The successful candidate should be highly organized, possess sound judgment, and a high degree of initiative.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with clients, general contractors, electrical contractors, etc.
- Must possess good problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Familiarity with product lines Crestron, Extron, Panasonic, Sharp, Polycom, ClearOne, etc. a plus.
- Proficiency with low voltage wiring, trim-out and installation of wall and ceiling mounts.
- Strong grasp of Audio & Video including signal flow and equipment functionality.
- Working knowledge of commercial construction methods such as ceiling deck construction, wall framing and structural engineering
- Rough in an AV system including cable pulls and hardware mounting
- Assembling racks and testing
- AV equipment installation in finished spaces
- Ability to upload Extron, Crestron, DSP code and if required, connect and make any necessary changes.
- Ability to commission AV systems.
- Must be able to read and interpret designs, wiring schematics, architectural drawings, and project printouts.
- Ability to safely use hand/power tools, run cable, solder, crimp, and compress the vast array of AV interfaces & connectors such as CAT6, DB9, XLR, etc.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects and work within varied conditions some which may be small or confined. Ability to work on lifts and ladders.
- Daily field updates to Systems Integration Manager. Process all project paperwork and time sheets in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years as an AV Technician in the commercial integration market
- Reliable transportation and a clean driving record & background check
- Adeptness in establishing and maintaining effective and productive working relationships with vendors, contractors, customers, and co-workers
- Excellent analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and teamwork skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with users at all levels.
- AV Certifications a plus (Crestron, Extron, ClearOne, etc.)
- CTS (Certified Technology Specialist) Certification preferred but not required.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Frequent use a telephone.
- Must also be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. for short distances.
- Must be able to stand, kneel and crouch for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in high places and in small cramped places.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to work in hot humid places as well as cold places.
Apply for Future Openings
Why You Should Work for JP Lilley
- We pride ourselves on having a family feel where everyone feels welcomed and valued. No matter what your role is at JP Lilley, you are a key piece to the success of the company.
- We strive to create a culture that encourages everyone to interact with each other, share ideas and have fun. Giving back to our communities is also important as we donate our time and gear to numerous charities throughout the year.
- We make it a priority to take care of everyone who works at JP Lilley. Beyond comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, our benefits package features 401(k), Personal Time Off (PTO) and much more!
- JP Lilley is a growing business and there are a lot of exciting things happening here. We are involved in various markets in the industry and are looking to continue our surge in serving Pennsylvania with the highest quality ProAV gear with outstanding customer service.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with JP Lilley. Although a position you would like to apply for isn’t currently available, you can still submit an application for future openings. Click here to apply online
JP Lilley & Son, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.